Thursday, October 4, 2012

[ReBlog] The World is Mine



Today, upon a bus, I saw a girl with golden hair
I looked at her and sighed and wished I was as fair.

When suddenly she rose to leave,
I saw her hobble down the aisle.

She had one leg and used a crutch
But as she passed, she passed a smile.

Oh, God, forgive me when I whine
I have 2 legs, the world is mine.



I stopped to buy some candy
The lad who sold it had such charm

I talked with him a while, he seemed so very glad
If I were late, it'd do no harm.

And as I left, he said to me,
"I thank you, you've been so kind.

It's nice to talk with folks like you.
You see," he said, "I'm blind."

Oh, God, forgive me when I whine.
I have 2 eyes, the world is mine.



Later while walking down the street,
I saw a child with eyes of blue

He stood and watched the others play
He did not know what to do.

I stopped a moment and then I said,
"Why don't you join the others, dear?"

He looked ahead without a word.
And then I knew, he couldn't hear.

Oh, God, forgive me when I whine.
I have 2 ears, the world is mine.



With feet to take me where I'd go.
With eyes to see the sunset's glow.

With ears to hear what I would know.

Oh, God, forgive me when I whine.
I've been blessed indeed, The world is mine.

 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Inspired ?! Want to say your thoughts ~!? Feel free to write down whatever your heart desires to I'd love hearing from you even a simple THANK YOU will do it ~㋡

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...