Wednesday, October 17, 2012

World War 1 Sword


A grandfather is telling his grandson war stories. 

"At the end of World War 1, I was awarded for my bravery after saving a group of my men," the grandfather says. "You see, we were fighting in northern France and one of our enemies threw a grenade at us. I managed to pick it up and throw it away before it exploded. So right after the war ended, a General gave me a sword, engraved with the words 'Awarded for Bravery and Valor, A True Hero, World War 1'." 

The grandson thinks about the story for a minute and then says 
"Grandpa, that story can't be true!"  

How did the grandson know

Answer:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The sword would never have the words "World War 1" engraved in it, because at the time, it wasn't called "World War 1" (since there hadn't even been a World War 2 yet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Inspired ?! Want to say your thoughts ~!? Feel free to write down whatever your heart desires to I'd love hearing from you even a simple THANK YOU will do it ~㋡

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...