Thursday, February 23, 2012

Apology (Poem)


We've all made mistakes, especially when we were young and honestly believed that the choices we made were for the best. When we looked back on one of the most turbulent times of our lives, we realize that we hurt someone who was very dear to us.

But when so many years have passed, how can we go back and tell him we're sorry?


 Here's a classic piece of poem you can give to anyone for an apology. 

How do I tell you I'm sorry -
With a gesture, a look, a touch?
How is it I never realized
I hurt you so very much?

I do not ask forgiveness,
A comfort I'll never deserve.
I merely want to let you know,
But I cannot find the nerve.

To finally confront you, face-to-face,
To look you in the eye,
To face your wrath, your apathy -
Too terrified to try.

You called me selfish, I turned away,
I festered and I fled;
Cutting and wounding and lashing out,
Just to see if you bled.

Betraying and deceiving you,
I surely had no right
To snatch away such a precious gem;
A dark thief in the night.

Four years and forever passed
To bring us to this day,
When I present these simple words
I never thought to say.

The time has come, it's long past due,
To put aside my fear;
Would this confession torture you,
Or have you longed to hear?


To hear those two forbidden words,
To vanquish all the pain,
To understand my dearest wish:
To know you once again.


The years aged me remarkably,
Though they have not made me wise;
I do know I erred irrevocably -
For that I apologize


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Inspired ?! Want to say your thoughts ~!? Feel free to write down whatever your heart desires to I'd love hearing from you even a simple THANK YOU will do it ~㋡

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...